Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Going to the Gym

It feels like such a waste of time to attend to my body and leave my brain bored to tears listening to disco and counting down the minutes until I can get off the stationary bike.

So I had this great idea. A giant keyboard where each of the keys is a fifty pound weight. You'd get your exercise while coding or writing documents. Of course you'd need several versions to exercise various muscle groups.

Then at the end of the day you wouldn't need to waste an hour at the gym trying to stay healthy enough to keep typing.

I go to Lance Armstrong's franchise, which is sort of cool. I try to use the locker closest to his used jersey. Still, maybe we can have a geek franchise of some sort. Say Richard Stallman's 24-hour T-3 House of Pointless Exertions? Do you think RMS would be interested? We'll make millions!

2 comments:

James Annan said...

That's why I ride a real bike, and combine boring commute time with exercise time (IMO it is the commute that is really the boring waste of time).

Yes I know, been there said that...

Michael Tobis said...

Well, contemporary Austin has lots of highways and fast roads and the best radio stations in human history, so the boring commute (12 minutes from my old place, 7 or 9 from the new one depending on direction) is often very interesting and far too short.